Skip to main content

Supersprint Sports Exhaust Arrives!

Today the Supersprint Exhaust arrived all boxed up and new. Even though I won't be installing this for some time I was too excited so I unboxed everything to have a look. I didn't go as far as removing the shrink-wrap packaging as this will protect the individual pieces enough until it comes time to install.



Unfortunately the Sports Muffler had sustained some minor damage in transport. You can see one of the hangers on the left hand side of the below photo has been bent inwards.


I emailed Best Exhaust and sent them the photos of the issue. They spoke to Supersprint in Italy about it directly and they advised that my warranty would not be voided if I chose to remediate the damage myself (ie bend it back to shape). So rather then go through the painful process of some kind of warranty claim or replacement I opted to just remedy the situation myself. At least I have it in writing that my product warranty will still be honored now if something happens to that hanger in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodridge Fuel Sample Point

As part of the Targa Australia Regulations the car must be fitted with a Goodridge G-Link quick disconnect coupling (shown above) for fuel sampling as per M5 of the Targa Australia Regulations: Luckily thanks to my previous install of the Radium Automotive Fuel Rail I now had an AN connection at the back of the fuel rail and at the outlet of the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Now due to the clearance it was not possible to neatly install a take-off at the rear of the fuel rail where the current AN fuel line connects to so the easiest place to setup a take-off for a fuel sample point was off the Fuel Pressure Regulator. So to achieve this I purchased a SpeedFlow Tee-Piece (-06AN female to male with a male off-take). As you can see in the below photo I was then able to off-take from this point for the fuel sample connection. The fuel sample line then follows the fuel rail line out from the Fuel Pressure Regulator and then splits off and follows the Oil Dipstick Tube up to the Left Hand strut t

Department of Transport Modification Application

As I mentioned in the previous post I wanted this car to remain street legal and as a result I was going to have to get a Modification permit and approval for the level of modifications I was looking at. This means that all of my modifications were going to have to comply with the National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction/Modification . The initial stage of the process is to complete a Modification Application which outlined what I planned to do. This stage is relatively simple and is just so they can stop you from starting anything that they will reject straight away. All you get at the end of this stage is "in principal" approval to continue with your modifications. As an engineers report and thorough inspection are required to get the final approval. I wanted to get this stage started as quickly as possible as it had to be submitted by mail so I knew the processing and response times would be slow. As a result I did some rather quick and high level resea

///M Clubsport Door Sills Search

Whilst starting the preparation and install for my Karbonius CSL Carbon Fibre Roof I started thinking about the final overall style of the car again. It particularly came to the front of my mind when a friend, who was working with me on the roof install, asked what the deal with the CS badge on the boot was. I realised tat whilst that choice had made sense to me it may not really land with others who are unfamiliar with BMWs and understand the history of the CS badging or the idea of what the Clubsport moniker encapsulates. From previous research and investigations into Clubsport branding from BMW that I could use to keep the style I knew of the somewhat rare E46 330i Clubsport so i thought I should take another look to see if there was anything from that that might help pull the theme together at all. It was at that point that I came across the ///M Clubsport door sills that are used on the  E46 330i Clubsport.  They struck me as perfect to help tie the theme together. They are an off